Safety Rules For Golfers
Safety measures are set out below. With cautious compliance and care we look forward to moving steadily forward.
BRS Tee Bookings:
- Members and visitors will only get access to the course with a pre-booked tee time. Times can be booked through the BRS app or website. This is to facilitate track and trace arrangements.
- The timesheet will initially be set up for fourball play at 8 minute intervals.
- The timesheet will be monitored to ensure compliance with the above booking rules. Members who book multiple times will have all bookings removed.
- Please ensure any bookings not being used are cancelled in advance. Persistent/multiple ‘no shows’ will have their BRS account suspended.
- Members would wish to bring a guest must book their tee time through reception.
- Members and visitors are reminded to arrive at the club no more than 15 minutes prior to starting their round. Social distancing should be maintained at all times.
- On arrival members should report to the front foyer where a ranger will have the timesheet. Only those whose names are on the timesheet will be permitted to play.
- Holes must be played in order starting from the 1st tee except on a Saturday when both 9s will be in operation for 9 hole play only. No cutting across holes is permitted.
- Golfers should leave the course and premises immediately upon completion of their round.
- All members must swipe their cards at Reception before proceeding to play.
- These rules are subject to change and golfers are asked to visit our website prior to each visit.
- To ensure that the game is played safely, golfers must observe the following rules:
In advance of play:
- If you are ill or have symptoms, stay at home.
- Ensure that you have sufficient numbers of golf balls, markers, tees to avoid having to exchange equipment with others.
- Wash your hands and your golf equipment before you leave home.
- Travel to the golf course on your own or with members of your own household only.
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
- Observe physical distancing rules at all times following your arrival at the club.
On the course:
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- Observe physical distancing at all times on the course.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing ground until all members of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing ground.
- Do not exchange or share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- If your ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area, don’t take an option under the rules that involves doubling back on your position on the course. Instead, use an option that allows you to keep your position on the course.
- Do not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
- Do not use rakes in bunkers.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole.
After your round:
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave. Do not store your equipment in your locker.
- Avoid entering the clubhouse. If you must use the toilet facilities, ensure you adhere to health and safety guidelines.
In addition, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Use the toilet facilities before you leave home.
- Bring your own hydration/food to the course.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course & use regularly during the round.
- Please note, customers are required to wear a face covering, unless you are exempt from wearing one, when inside the clubhouse.
We would ask members to ensure they respect and comply with the regulations at all times.